Planning on fishing or hunting in Ontario next year? Check to see if your Outdoors Card expires at the end of 2014, and if it does, you can renew it now.
In order to fish or hunt in Ontario, most people need an Outdoors Card, along with a hunting or fishing licence tag.
The Outdoors Card is valid for three calendar years. Cards expire December 31 of any given year.
There are three ways to renew your Outdoors Cards:
- By calling 1-800-288-1155
- In person at a participating ServiceOntario centre or private issuer
- Last year, approximately 516,000 Outdoors Cards were sold in Ontario.
- There are approximately 1.3-million licensed anglers and over 450,000 hunters in Ontario.
- Recreational fishing and hunting generate more than $4 billion annually for the Ontario economy.
- All revenue from the sales of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is used for wildlife and fisheries management.
- What you need to hunt and fish in Ontario.
- Learn about ice fishing regulations.